We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future. - George Bernard Shaw

14 December 2009

Week 9, Thing 20: WPL Fun with 2.0 Wiki

I enjoyed looking at the Whitby Public Library fun wiki hosted by PB Wiki. I made some posts to the favourite vacation spots section and the favourite restaurants section. It was fun to see where my coworkers like to eat and vacation and I saw that many of us share a love for Quebec City.

I've also used wikis to collaborate with colleagues during my MA at Western. We were creating a curriculum-based, interactive educational tool for Museum London that focussed on local history, specifically the Rebellion of 1837 in and around London. We used the wiki during the research and design stages so that each member of the group could keep up to date with new information, resources, and the direction of the project. I found it very helpful.

No comments: