We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future. - George Bernard Shaw

17 November 2009

Week 6, Thing 12: Twitter Mania Right Now

I've had a Twitter account for about a year now. At first, I found that I rarely checked it because not many of my friends had accounts. Now, however, I log in almost every day read the comments posted by the people I follow.

For me, Twitter is kind of a guilty pleasure. I mostly follow famous people like Lauren Conrad (and all her reality TV buddies!!), Shaq, the Fug Girls, and Jimmy Fallon. Of course, my list of followers also consists of the requisite professional and academic Tweeters like CBC, professors, colleagues, The Canoe Dossier, the Whitby Public Library etc., but I think that Twitter is meant to be fun and it offers a quirky view at the lives of the rich and famous. I like reading their short, often funny quips and sometimes they post backstage photos from whatever event or show on which they're appearing.

Overall, I think Twitter is a great tool that offers users a website that combines social networking, celebrity gossip, and current affairs. Here's the link to my page. 

No comments: