We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future. - George Bernard Shaw

11 November 2009

Week 5, Thing 10: RSS and Newsfeeds

This week we've been asked to explore the world that is Real Simple Syndication! It's also really handy. I created a Bloglines account so that I could easily keep track of all the different websites and blogs that I follow. Now, instead of checking each site individually, I log into Bloglines and all the updates are in one place.

I didn't add any library related sites to my account (I'm not a librarian!) but I did add the Canadian Heritage Information Network and a really interesting history blog called Cafe Historia, both are great resources for a budding Public Historian!

I can see, though, how libraries might use RSS and Newsfeeds to keep up to date with other libraries around the world. Web 2.0 has really hit the library world and having all the different blogs and websites in one place is very efficient!

No comments: