We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future. - George Bernard Shaw

13 November 2009

Week 5, Thing 11: Finding Feeds a Disappointment

So I've had a play around with some of the search tools for finding news feeds/blogs and I haven't really been all that impressed. I found sites like Technocrati, Syndic8.com, and Topix.net a little cumbersome and not very user friendly. Typically, they seemed geared toward political affairs and current events. I tried searching by subjects I'm interested in (archives, heritage, history) and ended up with disappointing results.

In the end, I think I prefer trolling the web to find sites or blogs that I'm interested in. If I like them enough I'll add them to my Bloglines account or choose to follow them via RSS. It seems unlikely that I'd come across something that doesn't have an RSS icon!

No comments: