We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future. - George Bernard Shaw

21 October 2009

Week 3, Thing 6: Flickr, Photos, and Fun!

As is mentioned in my profile, I recently returned from New Zealand after spending about 8 months there. While I was in the Land of Eternal Spring, I created a Flickr account so that I could share my photos with friends and family back home. I found that Flickr was extremely user-friendly and the easiest way to keep loved ones up to date with my activities. It was nice for them to get a feel for where I was living.

I also joined the Flickr group for the region of New Zealand in which I lived, Taranaki. I found this photo of the region's namesake, pride, and protector, Mount Taranaki, in the Taranaki group. I have many photos like this one but I thought Bruce McKinlay's version is quite stunning with the green grass, aqua-blue sky, and snow capped mountain top.

Another good thing about Flickr groups is that photos are added to them on a daily basis which means I can log in to see recent images of my old home!

1 comment:

Christy said...

That is a great picture.